Price Guarantee Loan
To be entitled for a low cost Price Guarantee Loan you must have been a member for at least 6 months and have a current contractual loan offer from a High Street Bank.
How much can you borrow?
What are the terms available?
- BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION will charge you interest at the same or lower rate to that contractually offered in writing by one of the following high street lenders: Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, MetroBank, Nationwide, NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sainsburys, Santander, Tesco.
- Minimum interest rate of 0.33% per month (APR 4.07%)
- Repayment between 6 months and 60 months depending upon size of the loan and the offer from .
What additional benefits are included?
- No set up or administration charges.
- No penalties for early repayment.
- Free life assurance on the loan up to the age of 70
What are the requirements?
You must have
- Been an Adult member of BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION for at least 6 months.
- A minimum of £100 savings or are a regular saver with BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION
- A valid written contractual offer in your name from one of the high street lenders listed above.
- No outstanding loan with BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION
- Satisfactory credit status and sufficient regular income to afford the repayments
- UK/EU citizenship or right of UK residency
Do any special conditions apply?
- You may have to continue to save with BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION while the loan is outstanding
- You may not be able to withdraw any savings without the permission of the Credit Committee until the loan is paid off.
How do you apply?
- Complete the application
- Supply the contractual offer made to you by one of the banks listed above that must be dated within 2 weeks of your application.
Download Price Guarantee Loan Application Form (73.7kb)
Once you have completed the application form you should return it to us:
- In person, at one of our contact points
- By post, to the address listed here
- Or by email, to email@example.com