To be entitled to apply for a Standard Loan you must have been a member of BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION for at least 3 months.
How much can you borrow?
- Between £300 and £7500.
- Any reasonable purpose.
What are the terms available?
- Interest charged from 1% (APR 12.7%) to 3% (APR 42.6%) maximum per month.
- The rate is dependent on the members credit status, membership history (e.g. length of membership, regular saver, current savings balance, past performance on loans etc.), value of loan applied for and the repayment period.
- Repayment between 6 months and 60 months depending upon size of the loan.
- Use the Loan Calculator to find out what the very maximum charge would be. Remember it could be less especially if you are a good member.
What additional benefits are included?
- No set up or administration charges.
- No penalties for early repayment.
- Free life assurance on the loan up to the age of 70
What are the requirements? You must have:
- Been an Adult member of BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION for at least 3 months.
- Sufficient regular income to afford the repayments.
- UK/EU citizenship or right of UK residency.
Do any special conditions apply?
- You may have to continue to save while the loan is outstanding.
- You may not be able withdraw any savings without the permission of the Credit Committee until the loan is paid off.
How do you apply?
- Complete the application form.
- Supply the last 3 months payslips, pension, or benefits payments records for each of the applicants.
- Supply copy statements for the last 3 consecutive months for ALL of your bank accounts.
Download Standard Loan Application Form (70.2kb)
Once you have completed the application form you should return it to us:
- In person, at one of our contact points.
- By post, to the address listed here.
- Or by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take?
- BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION does not provide internet type instant loans, each loan is individually considered by a specialist volunteer member of the Credit Committee and will take on average 3 days from receipt of a fully completed loan application.
- They will inform you of their decision by email.
How is the decision made?
Click here for details on how the Credit Committee will make its decision.