BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION needs you help
By supporting your local community Credit Union you will help us tackle financial exclusion and poverty in Berkshire and assist both existing and future members avoid the problems and pitfalls of unaffordable credit and limited access to the traditional suppliers of credit. We also offer ethical and affordable credit, access to savings accounts and a cheap prepaid debit card to all of our members, including people on lower incomes with a poor credit history.
In addition, your Credit Union also promotes the ethos of savings and financial good management through the creation and facilitation of Savings Clubs within the Primary Schools of Reading which we want to expand across Berkshire.
Even though the Credit Union is self-funding with as low as possible cost base, (that is primarily manned by a group of dedicated unpaid volunteers supported by a small team of part-time paid staff) it will still need the support of the wider community that it serves, to expand its coverage and scope of the valuable assistance that it offers.
So how can you help?
As an individual:
- Become a member and regularly save with us.
- Encourage your children to save with us.
- As members you will share in the success of BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION by receiving dividends when declared (CUs do not pay interest)
- When you need a loan consider applying to us, remember via our Price Guarantee Loan we will always match genuine offers that you have got from a High Street bank with a minimum of 4% pa.
- Tell your friends and family about us and encourage them to join and help us.
- Introduce us to any community group that you are involved with.
- Ask your employer to set up a payroll deduction scheme.
- Consider donating to our sister charity BERKSHIRE MONEYWISE.
- Become a volunteer.
- Take up and use our prepaid debit card.
- Like and share our Facebook and Twitter pages to spread the word!
As an organisation:
- Become a Corporate Member and deposit some of you funds with us.
- As a corporate member you will share in the success of BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNION by receiving dividends when declared (CUs do not pay interest)
- Sign up to BERKSHIRE CREDIT UNIONs Payroll Deduction Scheme for your colleagues and staff.
- Promote the benefits of the Credit Union within your organisation
- Invite us to talk at your meetings about the Credit Union.
- Allow us to stage a membership pop up contact point at your premises or staff meetings.
- Consider donating to our sister charity BERKSHIRE MONEYWISE
- Like and share our Facebook page to spread the word!
 Payday Lenders, Loan Sharks etc.
 High Street Banks
 Companies, community groups, charities, clubs etc.